Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia is the medical term for brain freeze (ice cream headaches).1
Oraibi, Arizona has been continuously inhabited since sometime around 1100 CE.2 St. Augustine, Florida, which makes the claim it is the oldest continuously inhabited settlement in the United States, was not founded until 1565, more than 450 years later.3
The Day of Victory in the Great Fatherland Liberation War (Victory Day) is a national holiday in North Korea celebrated on July 27 to mark the signing of the Korean Armistice Agreement which brought a cease fire to the Korean War that took place between 1950–1953.6 A truce isn’t quite the same as a victory. Ceremonies are held at the Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Memorial.
Montana is the only U.S. state with a Spanish state motto: Oro y Plata (Gold and Silver).7 They also have a state soil: Scobey Soil.
The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666—1+2+…+35+36+0+00.
Louisiana and Hawaii have three consecutive vowels in their names.
A standard 52-card deck of playing cards has 220 dots—1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10 × 4 suits: ♣ clubs, ♦ diamonds, ♥ hearts, and ♠ spades.
- “Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia“. Biology-Online Dictionary.
- “Oraibi, Arizona“. Wikipedia.
- “St. Augustine, Florida“. Wikipedia.
- Moore, A.M.T. The Neolithic of the Levant. Oxford, UK: Oxford University, 1978. pp. 192–198.
- Burns, Ross (2005). Damascus: A History. Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-27105-9. p. 2.
- “Day of Victory in the Great Fatherland Liberation War“. Wikipedia.
- “Education Information“. Montana.gov.
- CA Govt Code § 423.6
- CA Govt Code § 425.7